I have a habit of cutting off two 2-1/2″ strips of each fabric as it arrives, so that I don’t have the fear-of-cutting-into-it Blank Canvas Syndrome when it comes to treasured fabrics. But this creates another problem… What do I do with all of those fabric strips?
I decided to play. I cut each one into about 10″ sections, and sewed strips together randomly.
Eventually, I had two 7-foot strata of 10″ strip-sets. And no plan. Hm….
Since I have the attention span of a guppy, then I decided to make half-square triangles of the strata, and attach those to the HST of neutrals.
So then I played with tilting some of the 1-1/2″ stripset pieces into the neutral squares. YES, PLEASE.
But obviously the outer corners would need more stabilization. And the interior sections were boring, so I traced them — over the other quilting — with purple thread. Much better. And then purple thread in the colors gave it just enough zing. Ella liked it too.
So did Friday, but he was feeling snobby.