So… When I made In Need of Repair, I discovered that you can do a LOT with a pre-made strata of improv-pieced strips. I have a few of these types of things in my sewing room, since they’re the types of in-betweener seams that I do when I’m putting together something else.
So. I grabbed one, and I started to play.
I hacked it up, and added more strips. And hacked. And added.
When I ran out of strips already cut in these colors, I stopped.
And in one night, I had a piece about 22″ x 30″. I’ll finish it and maybe list it on my Etsy and see what happens. It’s a fun little piece, even if it isn’t my usual colors.