Allietare Mystery

I enjoy participating in the Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt, having done the 2013 and 2014 mysteries so far. In 2013, I deviated from the color palette and did my own thing, and made Celtic Sherbet instead of Celtic Solstice. Last year, Bonnie’s color scheme was the one I had used in Celtic Sherbet, plus black. So I deviated again on the Good Neighbors quilt. This year her color scheme is the same as what I used in Good Neighbors, minus the teal.
FINE. As I am apparently unable to follow a recipe, here’s my color scheme:

img_0390

Please note the absence of black.

I also have a “constant” color of acid green.
I’m about halfway finished with step 4… But here are the components so far.

img_0391

The best part is that I have used up about 25 fabrics in my batik stash so far. These were small amounts left from making Stormy Night, so they’ve been aging for a while. Very excited to have that space freed up on my shelves. (Yes, I will be sharing a photo of how I store my stash by the end of the month… Just have to clean up my room a bit more first…)
I will say that I’m a little tired of all the very small pieces in this one… Last year’s pieces were bigger because Celtic Solstice was so tedious. This one seems to have more pieces than Celtic Solstice did.
I’m looking forward to seeing how the parts all go together though. And I LOVE the real estate I’m getting back on my stash storage shelves. Woohoo!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *