Yeah, yeah… I’m cutting and pasting from the last one. Whatever. I don’t need your judgment! HA!
Here are the quilts I hope to finish this quarter, in no particular order:
1. Southwest Merry Go Round. It’s partially quilted, and then we moved back home and I haven’t touched it in almost 2 years. It shouldn’t be too difficult to finish this one up.
2. Smoke Damage. This is ready for 3D embellishments, but it’s emotionally difficult to work on. Or maybe it isn’t but I just keep expecting it to be so I don’t work on it. I don’t know… But I need to spend some quality time with this piece.
3. Five Pillow Covers. There are several of these (3 swoon blocks, plus a few other orphan blocks). I’ll just consider the 5 pillow covers one finish if I get them all done. They’re closer than they were last quarter — I got two more quilted and battings/backings matched with all of the rest of them. So this might even happen. CRAZY TALK.
4. Figgy Pudding Scrappy Trip. This one needs a backing, and needs to be layered and quilted. Maybe I’ll get the backing done at retreat this weekend.
5. Peacock Quilt: Layered and ready to quilt. And I moved all of the furniture out of one room of the house and basted this sucker at HOME. So proud of myself for that.
6. His. Layered and ready to quilt.
7. Hers. Needs more blocks. A friend sees a Picasso-style face in this arrangement, so I may try to stay with that. It’ll be interesting to see how this one develops.
8. Glory. Ready to layer as soon as I have released enough safety pins from other quilts in the quilting queue.
9. Mystery Maze. Guild mystery quilt from a few years ago. Ready to layer.
10. Under the Sea. My mom is going to draw an underwater scene on it for me (that my husband will help provide inspiration for from his diving photos) and then I can threadplay and quilt it.
11. Tessellation quilt. Needs backing/layering/quilting.
12. ZebraTown. It’s about half quilted. I haven’t touched it in 5 years. My skill level has improved so much that I think working on it again will be weird — there will be a definite shift in how the quilting looks, but whatever.
13. Star Puzzle. AMH fabrics and Grunge fabric in “Picnic” color. Trying to decide how big to go with this one… As it is, I think this would finish at 56″x70″ so I may do 8 more stars and *THEN* quit. It hasn’t told me what it wants yet, just that it wants to be bigger. Who am I to argue?
14. Fibonacci Fractal in Grunge solids. I love it, but I have no idea how I should quilt this one.
15.Â Not Quite White, which I’m making for a friend who has always wanted an all-white quilt. I can’t quite do THAT, but I can almost do it… This one is under the needle right now and will likely be the first finish off of this list.
16. Scrappy Fibonacci Fractal — this one was my first attempt at my FibFrac pattern. It doesn’t really work in a scrappy application like this, which is why I made the Grunge one. It’s cute, but the mathematics is lost, which was the point of the whole concept in the first place.
No way in the world I could possibly finish all 16 on this list, but this way I can pick and choose which one I want to work on next. 🙂