Welcome to the 2008 edition of Getting To Know Your Friends. Change all the answers so they apply to you, and then send this to your friends including the person who sent it to you. Or just blog it and tag people. The theory is that you will learn a lot of little things about your friends that you might not have known!
1. What time did you get up this morning?
2. Diamonds or pearls?
3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema?
“Enchanted,” I think. Something with the girls, anyway.
4. What is your favorite TV show ?
CSI, when it’s not creepy. Currently I’m enjoying “Step It Up and Dance” on Bravo.
5. What do you usually have for breakfast?
Oatmeal or other cereal.
6. What is your middle name?
Wick (took my maiden name as my middle)
7. What food do you dislike?
Goat cheese. Very difficult to choke it down. Hate the stuff. Nothing else causes as violent a reaction from me. NARSTY.
8. What is your favorite CD at moment?
April Michaelson, “The Way I Am”
9. What kind of car do you drive?
10. Favorite sandwich?
Ham and provolone, hot, on toasted bread.
11. What characteristic do you despise?
Cattiness for no reason other than just to be mean to other women.
12. Favorite item of clothing?
A black skirt from Hanna Andersson that I have and love.
13. If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation, where would you go?
Dunno — I’d love to see all kinds of places, I think. But Ireland, maybe?
14. Favorite brand of clothing?
I like Boden’s style, and I really like J.Jill, too.
15. Where would you retire to?
Colorado, if someone else did the shoveling.
16. What was your most recent memorable birthday?
20th — my friends threw me a surprise party and I remember Greg (my friend who is now married to Emma, but they never met during college) acting all weird while we were out to dinner at Outback… It was because he was trying to be sure I got back at the right time and the wait staff was making that difficult. It was very strange. LOL
17. Favorite sport to watch?
Duke Basketball, but I don’t really watch sports these days.
18. Furthest place you are sending this?
Blogging it, so I know a few people in Australia will read it.
19. Person you expect to send it back first?
20. When is your birthday?
21. Are you a morning person or a night person?
22. What is your shoe size?
4 cats, 2 dogs.
24. Any new and exciting news you’d like to share with us?
Helen did GREAT at her dance recital last night!!! I was so proud of her.
25. What did you want to be when you were little?
A mother, a cowgirl, and a scientist.
26. How are you today?
Glad it isn’t raining so we can go to the pool all day.
27. What is your favorite candy?
28. What is your favorite flower?
I like tulips and snapdragons (because snapdragons are silly).
29. What is a day on the calendar you are looking forward to?
June 12. Having knee surgery and hopefully I’ll feel better (after I feel worse first).
30. What is your full name?
Elaine Elizabeth Wick Poplin
31. What are you listening to right now?
Nick-Jr. in the background, and one of the cats slurping up the end of the milk from my cereal.
32. What was the last thing you ate?
Quaker Granola cereal.
33. Do you wish on stars?
34. If you were a crayon, what color would you be?
35. How is the weather right now?
Not raining anymore (finally).
36. The first person you spoke to on the phone today?
Haven’t been on the phone yet. First email answered was to MIL.
37. Favourite soft drink?
38. Favourite restaurant?
Surin of Thailand
39. Real hair color?
Brown. I’m not having Better Living Through Chemistry right now — my pregnancy with Alice turned my hair a very dark chocolate brown, which I’m loving. 🙂
40. What was your favourite toy as a child?
Crayons and paper.
41. Summer or winter?
Summer, just for the veggies and fruit.
42. Hugs or kisses?
43. Chocolate or Vanilla?
44. Coffee or tea?
45. Do you want your friends to email you back?
Blog it! 🙂
46. When was the last time you cried?
At Helen’s dance recital last night, because seeing her enjoying performing as much as she did made me really happy… it could be a ticket out of shyness for her.
47. What is under your bed?
A dog crate and a 6-foot table.
48. What did you do last night?
Went to Helen’s dance recital, finished a digital scrapbook page, and played Mario Kart with Jerry.
49. What are you afraid of ?
50. Salty or sweet?
51. How many keys on your key ring?
Too many. I have no idea what some of them open.
52. How many years at your current job?
6 years. Yeah. Helen will be 6 next Thursday.
53. Favourite day of the week?
Wednesdays during the school year, because that’s my day off from tutoring and from kids and I can run errands unencumbered.
54. How many towns have you lived in?
55. Do you make friends easily?
Not really. On the surface, it looks like I do, but I’m very slow to trust.
57. How many will respond?
I bet that 3 will do it. Not saying which three, though.