2 names you go by
1. E! (at the exact pitch of the Oldsmobile Alero commercials)
2. Mouse (my dad’s nickname for me)
2 things that scare you
1. small dogs, Schnauzers in particular
2 of your everyday essentials
1. seeing or touching something that I’ve made
2. recently? Prunes.
2 things you are wearing right now
1. engagment/wedding ring set
2. Duke signet class ring
2 of your favorite bands or musical artists (at the moment)
1. John Mayer
2. George Gershwin
2 things that make you laugh
1. “Sorry, dude, I had to do it,” said by a dear friend to a passing motorist on I-35 in March. I have never laughed so hard in my life. I still snicker when I think about it.
2. Well-placed sarcasm (an example — and those who were there will remember this and think it’s hilarious: “Because of Jesus, Jerry. Because of Jesus.” Possibly the funniest thing I have ever said. And I don’t remember the context anymore — just the punchline.)
2 things you want in a friendship (other than honesty and respect)
1. Having a baby changes everything.
2. Diarrhea is preferable to constipation.
2 things you enjoy besides scrapbooking
2 things you want really badly
1. more hours in a day
2. a housekeeper
2 places you want to go on vacation
2. St. Lucia again
2 things you want to do before you die
1. Be a featured speaker in front of thousands of people
2. Have a quilt in a national quilt show
2 ways that you are stereotypically a chick
1. I cry when I get mad
2. Sometimes I need to just bitch and complain and I don’t really want a solution — just an outlet.
2 things you are thinking about now
1. Going to bed
2. Whether to order that smoked turkey for Thanksgiving…
2 stores you shop at
1. J. Jill (online)… OMG. I feel feminine and pretty in EVERYTHING I have from them. Wow.
2. Lydia’s Heirloom Sewing Center. I’m in there at least once a week, on average. Probably more than that.
2 things that have changed about you in the last year
1. I have stopped designing quilts trying to please other people.
2. I have gotten back into my pre-pregnancy clothes.
2 things you have to do tomorrow
1. Steam clean the downstairs carpet.
2. Tutor 4 students in Geometry and Pre-Calculus
2 reasons you blog:
1. Because I can.
2. To amuse myself and the small audience of readers that I have.
5 thoughts on “Two”
Hey! Start thinking about this one now… There were a bunch of lunch with Santa/dinner with Santa (one at Earlyworks!) in the paper yesterday. I’d love to take Mike. Do you and the girls wanna go? I’m open as to when and where — I just like the idea.
Dunno… Helen was terrified of Santa last year (she didn’t like Men, facial hair, hats, or glasses, and Santa was 4 for 4). She might be better this year. I’ll ask her.
We don’t get the paper, though. So I’ll have to see if I can find the information online. But yeah, we’d probably be interested. Just getting it to work with my schedule would be a challenge.
JOHN MAYER! Points for you, Elaine. Talk about a phenomenal musician. His next CD comes out soon-it’s all blues with his new group, The John Mayer Trio. Whoohoo!
Okay, I’ll just have to take your word on it.. but I NEVER thought I’d hear anyone say that diarrhea is preferable to constipation.
Sarah — I did a side-by-side comparison in a 24-hour period. Trust me. Diarrhea is better. Because at least something is happening other than PAIN.